We'd like to welcome you to Downeast Acupuncture. Our health care professionals want to provide you with the most caring and efficient treatment. In an effort to do just that, here are some guidelines.
- Appointments: We strive to run "on-time". Occasionally, however, an emergency will disrupt the schedule. We apologize in advance should that occur and delay your visit in any way. Your prompt arrival for scheduled appointments will help keep us running smoothly. Sometimes you may be late. Understanding that, we will make every effort to squeeze you in. However, in the event that we are fully booked and you arrive more than 10 minutes late, we may need to reschedule you.
- Cancellations: We understand that circumstances arise that may prevent your keeping an appointment. We would prefer 48 hours notice, but require 24 hours notice for cancellation. If repeated cancellations occur without proper notice, we may be required to charge the usual and customary fee for the un-used time slot.
- Insurance: We do accept insurance with prior verification of the coverage. This must be done before your first appointment. We do ascribe to the conditions of the insurance industry, therefore we bill at a standard insurance fee schedule for all procedures done that visit. This may be more than the “time-of-service” fee. There too may be a co-pay, which you are responsible for at time of service.
- Phone Calls: In an effort to keep your follow-up cost at a minimum, your practitioner may suggest a complimentary "check in" call. These calls will last approximately 5 minutes.
- Herbal Prescription Refills: In most cases you do not need to have an office visit in order to refill an herb prescription. Simply call at least 24 hours before you would like to pick up your prescription and it will be filled for you.
- The Initial Visit: The practitioner will discuss your concerns, take a very detailed history, and together with you will devise a treatment plan. This process takes approximately 1 hour. Should you be receiving acupuncture, please allow an additional 30-45 minutes. At the end of your visit you will receive any herbs or nutrients that may be appropriate.
- What we offer: The healing tools we makes available to you may include any or all of the following:
- Acupressure or Massage, Cupping, Gua Sha, Moxa
- Chinese Herbology
- Clinical nutrition or vitamin and mineral supplementation
- Qi Gong exercise and meditation instruction
At Downeast Acupuncture we are happy to consult with your own family physician or specialist, upon your request.
We look forward to addressing your medical concerns in an empowering and creative way. Please feel free to give us feedback on any aspect of our service, so that we may provide the best care possible.
Jason E. Flesh L.Ac.
Amie Bernier Flesh L.Ac.